Saturday, August 31, 2013

1 year 6 months

11/2 years ago my sister, Alli left for her mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She served in the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Mission, Spanish Speaking. For all of you who know Alli, you know she is great. She was a great missionary, but she's an even greater sister. I was beyond excited for her to come home. Steve and I flew in a day early to Vegas so we could be there at the airport when she came down those escalators and was finally home.




I didn't know what to expect once she got home. I was afraid things would be weird. But again, if you know Alli, there was no need for her to change, and she didn't. There were movie quotes, asking fashion advice, eggs cooked for breakfast, lots of reading, and her same not so great driving (sorry Al). It was a breath of fresh air really, having the person that knows me so well be back doing makeup side by side in our bathroom. 
And to continue with tradition,  we threw a party. A Mexican Oklahoman Party to be exact. So many extended family members and friends were able to come. I know they came for Alli, but Steve and I were grateful to see them too. All of us were able to catch up.

Grammy and Mom prepared all the food
So happy my beautiful cousin Jayde was able to come. 
Mom and Grammy put together this fantastic quilt with all of Alli's favorite scriptures.
Alli is a wonderful example to me and I love her so much. I'm glad she was able to serve the Lord. I'm also glad she's home now and we can text, call and chat as often as we like. Happy to have you home Al.


No comments:

Post a Comment