Saturday, August 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

July 9th, 2012

July 9th was the day...


And one year later we chose to celebrate by...

...going SKYDIVING!

We had the groupon and day scheduled for months, plus we wanted to see Moab before we left (another Before We Leave Bucket List item).  For 2 days we hiked the beautiful Arches National Park, camped then jumped out of a plane.



















The most popular, Delicate Arch. Quite the hike when it's 100 degrees outside, but definitely worth it.

Landscape Arch

The next morning was the big day. I don't know what I expected really but I wasn't scared. Neither was Steve. Skydive Canyonlands told us what to do and they strapped us up in our harnesses.


Then we crammed into this little plane (honestly, I think I was more nervous that the plane would crash than of jumping out of it). There was no door so as we climbed to altitude so it was easy to see all of Canyonlands National Park. It was so beautiful! Then I started to shiver because it was getting cold up there! My instructor thought I was nervous but no, I wanted to jump to get back to the ground where it was warm! Without warning, Steve and his instructor were sitting at the edge, then just as suddenly they were gone and my instructor pushed us to the edge. He counted 1, 2, 3 then we were free-falling! It was the most amazing feeling! Not even a minute passed before he pulled the shoot. We did a couple of turns then floated down to the ground and made a perfect landing. Steve was there already.




Oh it was so much fun!!! I recommend it to everyone! It was the best way to spend an anniversary with the man that I love, doing something adventurous in a beautiful place. Plus we got a sweet little certificate. The traditional first anniversary gift is paper, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment