Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweet Potato Waffles

With the popularity of Pinterest these days, I don't ever plan to blog anything totally unique and original. I figured if I do have something new to share, it will have to be my review of a Pinterest pin. Thus, this recipe... Sweet Potato Waffles.

Sounds a little strange? Yes. But we had 2 sweet potatoes that needed eating so I figured why not? It's easy, only 5 ingredients and is healthy. Win, win, win!


What do you do? Grade 2 sweet potatoes, beat 3 eggs, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, measure 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, then mix it all together. Put the "batter" in your waffle maker like you would normally.

Tada!

Top it off with a little applesauce and you're good to go. Tastes just like a regular waffle. Doesn't have a hashbrown texture like you may think and is so yummy!

You can find the original recipe here.

Give it a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment